//Mini Update #1 24/6/12\\
Now the effects of your attacks will be written under the total damage amount.
//Update #5 24/6/12\\
Introducing the new critical/weakness system. Moves are assigned to 3 different classes:
- Earth (Stronger against Magic / Weaker against Flying)
- Flying (Stronger against Earth / Weaker against Magic)
- Magic (Stronger against Flying / Weaker against Earth)
Each of Rainbow Dash's current moves have been assigned one of these values to get your head around the concept. Derpy's attack is always magic so she will do more damage to you now. Hope you're good at saving health potions.
//Update #4 20/6/12\\
Now you can choose which moves you want to take with you into the fight. Since only 3 have been developed so far, it will only really be effective later on.
Once I add more fighters, you can also select them.
//Update #3 15/6/12\\
Wow, again, it has been a while since I updated. I blame University myself, but regardless, here is a small but awesome update to the engine.
- Sound and Music can be muted now
- Sound and Music options can be controlled by Keyboard.
- Space Bar to Drop Down or Remove Menu
- S Key to remove Music
- A Key to remove Sound
- Enter Key to Play Game
- Rainbow Dash has a new attack. Try it out!
- Animation go at full 60FPS, making the attacks a lot faster
Test it for bugs and get back to me on it
//Update #2 21/5/12 \\
Wow, it has been a while since I last updated. Well. The game doesn't have an ending, yet, but Fake Derpy now has attacks of her own, so it is now playable.
- AP is now a factor to consider.
- AP is recovered, even if you attack
- Defense boost every time you defend
- AP boost every time you defend
- Fake Derpy now attacks back
- Item Counter now works!
// Update # 1 4/4/12 \\
- Stare now has an animation with and will reduce Defense
- Your damage will now be displayed in text
Due to a suddenly high demand of assignments from my university, it is with sadness that I postpone any production on the battle system. This is what I have done so far.
However, take heart. There are advantages to this brief break!
A) It gives voice actors/actresses more time to reveal themselves (especially pony voice actresses)
B) You get early access at seeing what the game can do. This means any changes you want can be done very painlessly now. I don't have to go through a huge ordeal to sort them out.
So go ahead. Try it out. The only attack working ATM is Tackle so...meh. Defense does stuff-all and items just show what items do. A brief animation on Dashie but that's about it.
Anyway, have fun...I guess?